Discover first hand that “Nature Rocks!” on our incredible Ecotour Adventures. Enjoy a fully-guided nature hike and be immersed in the beautiful fern-covered mature forest, surrounded by amazing rock formations, while learning about area geology, history, and the many unique plants and majestic trees. You’ll have the option to experience the challenge of incredible rock features including rock halls, squeezes, tunnels, narrows and scrambles.
We combine an environmentally conscious experience with the beauty of the Hocking Hills on private, pristine land not viewable by the public until now. Our Hocking Hills Ecotours will allow you to challenge yourself and walk away with a new appreciation for protecting this ecosystem, and other great natural areas, while having the time of your life!
Custom Guided Tours: We will also arrange for guided tours in the Hocking Hills State Parks and/or Nature Preserves. If you’d love a guided nature tour but need special accommodations like wheelchair accessible trails or maybe you’d like to take your dog, call us and we’ll design a custom tour just for you.
FOR TOUR DETAILS CLICK ON THE GREEN BARS BELOW or
NATURAL HIGH TOUR - LEARN MORE
Our signature tour combines Nature and Adventure! Hocking Hills Ecotours’ NATURAL HIGH TOUR will be led by an experienced guide who takes you in, around, and through our amazing rock halls, squeezes, and High Rock ascents, while sharing interesting details about plant and animal life at High Rock and the geology and history of the Hocking Hills region.
- Escape the crowds at many of the state parks and enjoy High Rock with a small group and your own guide.
- Be intrigued with stories from your guide that include some of the region’s history, geology, and local legends. You’ll learn about High Rock and nearby natural and supernatural attractions including ghost towns, haunted tunnels, moonshine, and more.
- Learn what plants and trees are used to brew tasty teas, treat headaches, increase body temperature, quench thirst, and provide nourishment for people and wildlife.
- Utilize stationary ropes for on-ground climbs between mammoth rock outcroppings.
- Squeeze through tight rock narrows. You may choose to crawl through a small tunnel in and between giant sandstone boulders and rocks.*
- Tour is fully guided, includes a snack and safety briefing. Guests are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle. [Age and mobility restrictions apply, see tour qualifications.]
- Private tours can be reserved with a surcharge, call or email for details.
*Tour guests can elect to do what they feel comfortable with regarding the Rock challenges. This tour combines interactive nature education with physical challenges that most should be able to accomplish without hardship.
HOW LONG IS THE TOUR?
- Allow approximately 2.5 hours, larger groups may take longer.
- ADULTS: $60 per adult w/2-4 guests; $52 per adult w/ 5-7 guests, $47 per adult w/8-12 guests.**
- YOUTH (ages 6-15) $40 per guest. Requires paid adult admission.
- NOTE: 2 adult guests minimum per tour, 12 guest maximum. Discount will be given to groups of 5-12 adults. (Cannot be combined with Child Rate, lowest rate will be applied) Please contact us if you have a group larger than 12.
**This tour is available with a 24 hour notice. Call or email for availability within 24 hours. For groups of 6 or more tours may be scheduled any day, at any time, simply email, call, or message us on Facebook with your customized request. We can also can combine tours by request. Add a Canyon Rappel or combine with a Rappelling or Climbing Tour.
EDIBLE AND MEDICINAL FOREST ECOTOUR - LEARN MORE
This tour goes a step beyond our Natural High Tour and goes more in depth on Edible & Medicinal woodland plants, wildflowers, and trees of Ohio and Appalachian Forest. Many plants and trees discussed grow throughout Ohio and the midwest, some as very nutritious weeds, some as more rare plants and wildflowers of the Hocking Hills and Appalachia, and others as open area plants and trees.
On this fully guided, awesome educational tour you will traverse the beautiful and pristine High Rock forest sanctuary viewing dozens of plants and trees. Several of the plants will change throughout the season so the tour will be unique to the season. Bring a notebook, camera, and your sense of adventure. Not only will we be learning about, tasting, smelling, and experiencing this amazing ecosystem, but guests will also enjoy the beauty of the cliffs, canyons, and unique rock formations at High Rock Adventures-Hocking Hills Ecotours.
- This Eco-Educational Tour operates mid-April through mid-October and is recommended for older children typically 12+ and adults as this tour goes into more informational depth than our typical tours. Unless your younger child has a middle school or higher attention span, they may not stay engaged with the topic. We will be going up high on a few of our cliffs as well as into a rock canyon to view unique ecosystems throughout the tour.
- Tour is fully guided, includes a snack and safety briefing. Guests are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle, a notebook, and camera. [Age and mobility restrictions apply, see tour qualifications.
HOW LONG IS THE TOUR?
This tour will last approximately 3 hours. Smaller groups may finish in 2.5 and larger groups may take 3.5 hours.
- ADULTS: $75 per adult w/2-4 guests; $66 per adult w/ 5-7 guests, $58 per adult w/8-12 guests.**
- NOTE: 2 adult guests minimum per tour, 12 guest maximum. Discount will be given to groups of 5-12 adults. If you are a single traveler you may reserve a space and it will be confirmed when others have joined the tour. If others are already on the tour, your tour will be confirmed immediately.
- If you prefer to go as a single or want the tour confirmed; there is single supplement add on, to cover the cost of guides for one person. Please call or email us for details.
- YOUTH: This tour that does not offer a children’s discount as it is geared more towards edible and medicinal plants and trees rather than a focus on rock adventures. If you have a younger child that is really into nature education, we are happy to accommodate them, or suggest our Natural High Tour, which includes more rock challenges.
CUSTOM TOURS - LEARN MORE
CUSTOM GUIDED TOURS
Call or email us to schedule a tour designed around your interests and needs. 740-385-9886 or email@example.com
HIGH ROCK TOUR QUALIFICATIONS
To participate in tours at High Rock Adventures and Hocking Hills Ecotours:
- Each guest must sign a Liability Release Form.
- Participant should be at least 6 years of age. Any guest under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and have waiver signed by a parent or guardian. If the parent is not present, a photocopy of the parent’s drivers license must accompany the signed waiver.
- Must be in reasonably good health and be physically able to walk up steep inclines and hills. Distance covered will be at least 1.5 miles over alternating terrain with rocks, roots and leaves.
- Weight limit for climbing and rappels is 275lbs.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to climb or rappel, but may participate in an Ecotour if cleared by their physician.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or impairing legal medications will not be allowed to participate in any tour.
- Comfortable clothing that allows you to fully maneuver your body is highly recommended.
- Closed-toed shoes with good traction, ie, hiking shoes, athletic shoes or closed toed sandals for rappelling and nature tours. Climbing shoes will be provided for climbing. Participants may use their own climbing shoes if approved by the High Rock Guide.
- High Rock Adventures reserves the right to exclude anyone from participation for medical, safety or other reasons.